Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa Claus did come

This year I had to opportunity to play Santa. Things have been a little tight for many people this year, including my sister's family. I have been blessed and wanted to help her family so they were able to have a Christmas this year. They have helped me so much this past year it was the least I could do. I told my sister that she and Jake were in charge of the stocking stuffers and I would do the rest. It was so much fun picking out the gifts for each kid. Jake and I stayed up too about 1 a.m. assembling all of the gifts. I was the one who could not sleep on Christmas eve because I could not wait to see the look on their faces when they woke up.

I may have gone a little overboard but everyone got at least one thing that they asked santa for. I did all of my shopping on line because I was at work the majority of the day and so tired when I got home that it was easier to look at a computer screen than wander the stores. It was a wonderful way to shop, I may do it that way next year. There is one funny story about one of the gifts I got for Bubba. It was a Elmo Live doll and it came in a box all by itself. Jaylynn had put the box in my room not knowing what it was. I had picked it up and put it on my bed to open it and I heard Elmo talking to me. He said, "Elmo just wants you to know that Elmo loves you." Then he blew me two kisses. I started to giggle and hoped that he had not done this while the kids were around. As I started to peel the packing tape off the box Elmo repeted what he had just said. When I opened the box it was full of foam peanuts and elmo was no where to be seen, but when I started to search for him he started to talk again and the pile of peanuts started to move. (by this time I was grining from ear to ear) When I finally located Elmo in the box he was upside down and backwards. When I turned him around to see if he survived the journey this is what I saw...................








I started rolling and immediatly screamed for Jaylynn. We both started laughing and I knew we had to take a pictue to share with everyone. Elmo has a line that says" Look no cavities!!" I giggle every time because I have a picture of elmo with teeth. It was just as funny when I hit elmo's foot and he threw up all of those peanuts. Priceless!!!!

Santa brought me an elipitcal for Christmas. I am so excited to use it. I just hope the excitement stays after I am sore when it kickes my butt.

I hope all of my loved ones had a Merry Christmas and has much Happiness and Health in the new year!!!!

No comments: