Friday, August 28, 2009

Risotto Madness






I am often asked, "what is your speciality?" To be honest I don't like that question. I like all food and don't necessarily focus on one thing, but when people ask me what I like to make I will always answer RISOTTO. It is delicious and you can do so much with it.


I personally like to cook for other people and not just myself. I had offered my friend Romeo a risotto cooking lesson when I finally got settled in to my new apartment. The time came and we set a date. I mentioned it to my friend Brooke and she started inviting more people who wanted to learn. When the day arrived we had a total of 12 people invited to learn how to make risotto. We were supposed to start at 6 but these things never start on time. I had gone all out and made flank steak, southwestern chicken breasts, chile verde sausages, home made sour dough bread and roasted veggies! Everything was ready to go at 6 but we finally started at 8 and started to eat around 9.


I took my camera out of the bed room because I wanted to take some pictures but I was too busy cooking. Ben picked up the camera and started shooting pictures for me. Brooke saw how much fun it was and decided they were going to have a contest to see who could take the best and coolest picture. In my opinion Ben won, but they both had fun in the process. It was a night full of good food, good friends, and lots of laughter!!!


No comments: