Thursday, April 9, 2009

Color in Spring

















I love the Amazing Race. Call me a fan, obsessed, crazy whatever. I remember an episode from last season where the contestants, who were in India, had to run through a crowd of people throwing colored chalk at them, to retrieve an envelope. I thought what fun that would be. Well come to find out that it was a celebration to bring in spring for the Krishna's. Some friends and I decided to go and participate. What an experience!!!! There were so many people we had to fight to buy the last few bags of color. We were lucky!! They light a big bonfire and the color throwing begins.

(great video of it on YouTube look up festival of colors 2009- Spanish fork,UT)


When I got home bubba usually calls out my name and like clock work he did until he saw me. I was then that the tone in his voice changed to a "I know it's Mimi but she is colored with color" tone. It was cute.

No comments: