Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Night Out.....

I feel like a single mother of three right now. Jay and Jake both work nights and so I spend a lot of time with the kids. I enjoy the time with them but at the same time I am still single and need to get out more. On May 30th there was a awards dinner for the "best of state" winners. As in years past we entered and came out victorious. This is our 6th time winning and Ron and Mary have always gone to accept the award. This year we were so busy with events that Mary and Rachel had to work so Mary asked that Adam and I go and accept for the company, what an honor and a great reason to buy a new dress. Then came the news, Mary asked that Adam and I wear our chef coats, she wanted us to stand out and believe me we did.



They have the winners for each catagory go on to the stage in a group and give every one fake medals. Then they hurry you back stage and take your fake medal and have you stand in line for the real one. Following that there is another line to have your picture taken then it is back to your table to finish you dinner.


Working for a catering company you get picky about food. We had eaten at the salt palace before and were not expecting great things that night. It figures that just as it is our turn to go up and recieve the award they put our dinner on the table. By the time we got back it was cold and gross instead of just gross. There was some great entertainment and several local celebraties and lots of laughs from our table. I had a great time and was glad Mary asked me to go. Next time I hope I get to buy a new dress and find a date.

No comments: